18 April 2017

Rogue by Julie Kagawa #BookReview


Title: Rogue
Series: Talon #2
Author: Julie Kagawa
Genre: Young Adult
Published: April 2015
Source: Purchased

Deserter. Traitor. Rogue.

Ember Hill left the dragon organization Talon to take her chances with rebel dragon Cobalt and his crew of rogues. But Ember can’t forget the sacrifice made for her by the human boy who could have killed her—Garret Xavier Sebastian, a soldier of the dragonslaying Order of St. George, the boy who saved her from a Talon assassin, knowing that by doing so, he’d signed his own death warrant. 

Determined to save Garret from execution, Ember must convince Cobalt to help her break into the Order’s headquarters. With assassins after them and Ember’s own brother helping Talon with the hunt, the rogues find an unexpected ally in Garret and a new perspective on the underground battle between Talon and St. George. 

A reckoning is brewing and the secrets hidden by both sides are shocking and deadly. Soon Ember must decide: Should she retreat to fight another day…or start an all-out war?


Plenty of action in this second instalment in the Talon series, however I still find that the story-line moves a little too slow for my liking. But there is enough going on through the different points of view to keep you interested.
The love triangle intensifies and the emotion is strong. It's one of the better love triangles I've read, with it not being the central focus but simmering on the sidelines waiting to be addressed.
As it's part of a series the story continues but it feels finished for now. Definitely worth a read. You need to read book 1 - Talon before picking this one up, so give it a try too.

You can find my quickie review of Talon here on Goodreads.


6 comments:

  1. I actually really enjoyed this series, and I loved the newest instalment the most... I hope you'll continue reading this, Shannon!
    Have a terrific Tuesday and happy reading.
    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about calling you Shannon instead of Sharon... not sure why that happened? I'm going to blame your new blog name :P

      Delete
    2. It's ok, I'll forgive you for getting my name wrong. :-)
      I've already finished Soldier in this series which is my favourite so far. I can't wait to read Legion.

      Delete
  2. I loved the Immortal Rules saga by Julie Kagawa, and it was the series that originally got me into YA! I definitely need to reread that series, and I never got into this one either. Sounds interesting though; I may have to pick it up sometime! #getsocial17
    -Amy @ burstingwithbooks.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Talon series gets better with each book. Well worth getting into. I'll have to try some of Julie Kagawa's other books now.

      Delete
    2. Good to know! I hope you enjoy them if you do. :-)

      Delete